Red Rover Camping is an online camping magazine that’s seeking a multitalented editor and storyteller for its growing web presence. The editor will oversee all operations of Red Rover Camping, reporting directly with the CMO of Travel Resorts of America to develop our content strategy. This person will work closely with our team of an in-house graphic designer, freelance writers, and PR to create original content.
The ideal candidate loves the outdoors and works hard to play hard in nature. They’re a strong storyteller with a proven track record of creating great content. They have managed a group of freelance writers in the past through previous editorial experiences.
- Develop the online voice of Red Rover Camping and writes copy for the website and beyond
- Work closely with our team of in-house graphic designer, freelance writers, and PR to consistently produce digital content including articles, infographics, and videos
- Assist PR efforts and social media presences
- Lead content planning meetings with the content creators and develop the content calendar
- Demonstrated aptitude for editing, and/or bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or relevant field
- Experience working with remote team members using online collaboration tools
- Interest in the outdoors and willing to share aspects of own adventures
Important: This position is full-time and based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Sorry, no telecommuting.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and links to related clips to email@example.com with the subject line “Red Rover Camping Editor.”